Sunday 19 March 2017

FB Group snippet - Day 1 of experiment

Day 1 of experiment


I decided to open a group on sharing my experiments in brewing Hong Kong Milk Tea. After much pondering, Facebook seems to be a better option than Meet-up or Blogs - I want my friends to see it and join, I want my activities on the group to be publicised and maybe more people outside of my friends' circle would join and read about it. More crucially, I want people to contribute, interact and help to widen and deepen each other's knowledge in milk tea-brewing.


This is the FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467012226704058/

So far, so easy - deciding on the name was the hardest part, and whether to post in Chinese or English. I decided on Chinese to brush up my skills, and also to suit my audience. My first inclination is to find a place to write down the objective of why I decided to open the group, which hopefully will help to solicit more members!

I put up a FB page photo, and made a few standard posts - just to get myself into the mood of posting and interacting.

I don't know whether people will join, whether people will like the direction I am about to embark on, and whether my posts and photos will help to illustrate my idea (and vision) for the group and entice them to join. So far, I don't care - the greater urge is for me to express what I have always wanted to do (to share my experience in brewing so far), getting it in the right "commercial direction" so to speak and getting more people to join is low down the priorities. I just want to start, spit out my excitement, put something on to get myself into the momentum, and think about what I want to tell people next? Let's leave positioning to a later date.

I already have ideas on what to post/share, but I don't want to run dry, and so I will leave the posting to tomorrow. I am sure I am excited about creating new posts tomorrow. It's a new start after all!

Will more people join? Would be good to get people in, that would be satisfying.


No comments:

Post a Comment