Tuesday 21 March 2017

FB Group - Day 3 of experiment

Day 3 of experiment

Despite yesterday's excitement and planning for today's article, there is a bit of writer's block and laziness also kicked in. The excitement wore off a bit and it just felt like a chore to start with, lifting my fingers to start typing was not that enjoyable. Of course, once I got into the flow, all the negative feeling went away, as I am still fresh with ideas and have a mine full of content to write about. It's not really a writer's block.

I decided to write about a more mundane topic of tea-brewing tools, as I didn't feel that motivated to choose a chatty and exciting topic like types of tea leaves. As I was writing, I noticed that the tone, vocabulary and style was quite similar to the previous two days', and I was longing to make some variations in style and wording but I struggled. It wasn't a comfortable feeling when re-using so much compared to the previous articles. I wish I could do more, have more variety, try out new things, but given that I have selected a theme and a path, making such a change is not easy.

I fear that as I walk along the path and make articles on similar themes, wording and styles, I will start to feel the repetition and lose interest. That's why I have to pre-empt tomorrow's topic at the end of this passage, just to give myself some continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment